Curious about Ryan Reynolds workout in the movie Blade? Check this out…
Although Blade Trinity didn’t receive the hype that the 1st two got it was still one of the most Alpha movies of all time thanks to some epic vampire fights and an absolutely shredded Ryan Reynolds, who starred in the movie (thanks to the epic Ryan Reynolds workout routine).
The thing that is really impressive about Ryan Reynolds physique in the movie is that he is naturally skinny – but gave us the illusion that he was photo shopped and had a ton of muscle on his frame.
How can you achieve similar results in a short period of time? Ryan Reynolds packed on 20 pounds of muscle mass with a hardcore regimen of weights, ab routines, cardio, a clean diet, and smart supplementation.
This article is going to break down the exact blueprint on the Ryan Reynolds blade physique. Reverse engineer this intense blade trinity workout routine and you will be an aesthetic machine fighting off vampires in no time!
The first thing that we need to unveil are the hardcore Ryan Reynolds workout he did for the three months leading up the movie. Let’s check it out!
Ryan Reynolds Workout Routine
Ryan Reynolds would train 6 times per week for about 2 hours per day to pack on 20 lbs of muscle mass and shed a few percentage points of body fat for his coveted role in Blade Trinity.
This workout routine according to his trainer was a combination of weighted ab workouts, hardcore fitness model training to sculpt each muscle in his body, and intense cardio regimen’s designed to manipulate his fat burning capabilities.
The end result? Well as you can see by the picture is nothing short of aesthetic perfection!
Here are the Core Elements of the Ryan Reynolds Blade Trinity Workout Routine
- Monday: Weighted Abdominal Work, Chest
- Tuesday: Bodyweight Ab routine, triceps and biceps
- Wednesday: Cardio in the morning, Shoulders and Traps Workout in Afternoon
- Thursday: Intense leg Day focusing on fat burning
- Friday: Abs, Pull Day(Mostly Back)
- Saturday: Heavy weight Compound Exercise Day
Here is a look at some of these routines:
Monday: Abs and Chest
- Bench press: 4 heavy sets x 6-8 Reps
- Low Cable Fly: 3 Sets x 10-15 Reps
- Weighted Push-Ups: 4 Sets x 15 Reps
- Pec Fly Machine: 3 Sets x 12 Reps
- Weighted Abdominal Machine: 4 sets x 10 reps
- Floor Abdominal Routine: 4 different exercises with short rest time
Tuesday: Ab Routine, Triceps, and Biceps
- Weighted Skull crush x 4 Sets
- Db Overhead Triceps extension x 4 Sets
- Rope Curls with a bicep focus x 3 sets
- Standing barbell curls x 3 sets
- Underhand grip tension curls x 3 sets
- Triceps Pushups x 4 sets
- Abdominal Routine: Floor ab routine with various exercises such as bicycle crunch, get ups, bottoms ups, toe touches, etc.
Wednesday: Cardio, Shoulders, and Traps
Morning routine typically consisted of 30 minutes of cardio on the elliptical or treadmill
- Db overhead press x 4 sets
- Standing Military press x 3 sets
- Standing barbell shrugs x 3 sets
- Standing Db Shrugs x 3 sets
- Db rear deltoid fly’s x 3 sets
- Db shoulder shapers x 4 sets
Thursday: Leg Day
Leg day was designed to obliterate body fat and enter pure fat burning mode for the rest of the day. This routine looked something like this:
- Barbell Squat x 5 Sets
- Hack Press x 4 Sets
- Leg Extension Machine x 4 Sets
- Lying Hamstring Curl machine x 3 sets
- Db Step Ups x 4 sets
- Db Walking Lunges x 4 sets
Friday: Abs and a Pull Day
This routine started with a ?boxing inspired? ab routine of 4 different exercises with short rest times, then got into the following ?Pull Day?
- Barbell Row x 4 sets
- Underhand grip barbell Row x 3 sets
- Db 1 arm row x 3 sets
- Iso lateral row machine x 3 sets
- Lateral Pull-Down Machine x 4 sets
- Standing T-Bar Row Machine x 3 Sets
Saturday: Heavy Compound Exercises
Saturday was all about lifting those heavy weights! Here is the routine Ryan Reynolds did.
- Barbell incline bench press x 4 Sets
- Barbell Deadlift x 3 sets
- Weighted Pull-Ups x 3 sets
- Weighted Dips x 3 sets
- Barbell Front Squat x 4 Sets
Ryan Reynolds Diet and Supplement Regimen
Since Ryan Reynolds was training his butt off to pack on muscle and minimize body fat it was crucial that he followed a rigid diet and supplement regimen that would allow him to maximize his hard work in the gym.
We got our hands on the exact meal plan that Ryan Reynolds followed for the three months of training for Blade Trinity.
Here is the exact meal’s and supplements he would take on training days. Ryan would typicall workout about 1 hour after breakfast.
Meal number One: Breakfast/Pre Workout Meal
- 4 Whole Eggs and – Cup liquid egg whites cooked with 1 chopped chicken breast
- ? Cup Steel Cut oats with – banana and 1 cup fresh berries
- 2 tbsp fresh almond butter with celery
- Liquid L-Carnitine
- 2 Energy/fat loss Pills
Meal Number Two: Post workout shake
This was what Ryan drank about 10 minutes after his workout.
- 1 Cup almond milk
- 40 grams? whey protein
- 5 grams creatine
- 1 banana
- 1 scoop peanut butter
- ? cup blueberries
Meal Number Three: Post Workout Meal?
The post workout meal was enjoyed about 45 minutes after the workout:
- 10 ounces? lean grass fed beef
- 8 ounces? sweet potato
- 2 Testosterone supporting pills
- 1 Large glass of green tea with lemon juice
Late Afternoon Lunch
- 1 large Turkey Sandwich on whole grain bread, topped with low fat cheese, avocado, and low sugar honey mustard sauce
- Large handful of raw almonds
- Large piece of Wild caught salmon or Ahi Tuna (approx. 10 ounces)
- Large side of steamed Veggies with Olive Oil
- Night Time support Muscle builder – usually ZMA
There you have it dude. If you want to pack on muscle mass and burn body fat like a movie star it is going to take some dedication and a structured routine.
Follow Ryan Reynolds workout and diet plan for the next 3 months and you will be ready to fight any vampire that comes in your path. Good luck bro! Also be sure to check out the other actor workouts.
I’m Troy and I’m the creator of SuperHuman You and Co-Founder of Alpha Lion.
I created SuperHuman You to give you access to the most cutting edge information so you can reach your body goals as fast as humanly possible.
I’ve been obsessed with training since 2005 when I attended IMG Academy and got to train alongside NBA, NFL and Olympic Gold Medal winning athletes.
Now I’m on a mission to transform as many lives as possible and I’m so excited you found us!
I’ve been fortunate enough to train alongside and pick the brain of some of the best pro athletes, bodybuilders and trainers in the world – and this site represents over 15+ years of insights from the world’s best.
Want more gains? Here are a few suggested actions:
Head over to the world’s largest exercise database for a wide variety of unique exercises for every muscle group
Visit our Youtube Channel where you can watch Balloon Method™ workouts for Every Muscle Group.
Check out Alpha Lion so you can learn more about 1 of the fastest growing fitness lifestyle companies in the world and stack up on the best science-backed supplements.