Do you want panty dropping Shreds in 8 weeks? Looking for a meal plan to get SHREDDED?
This article is going to dive into the ultimate cutting diet, and show you meal by meal what a typical NPC physique competitor would follow to get insanely shredded in about 2 months.
Who is this cutting diet for? This meal by meal shredding diet is for someone who is around 12-13 percent body fat(maybe has some slight upper abs) – and wants to get to a CUT LIKE A DIAMOND 6-7 percent body fat while keeping all of their hard earned lean muscle.
I followed this exact shredding diet this summer for about 4 weeks and got myself to about 8 percent body fat. The next time i compete in a physique contest i will follow this diet plan for about 8 total weeks.
Let’s point out why this meal plan to get shredded is far superior to other drastic measures that most guys choose like taking a stimulant based fat burner.
The “Cut Like A Diamond” Shredding Diet Benefits:
- Will allow you to keep all of your hard earned muscle, as it will contain the perfect amount of pre and post workout carbohydrates to spare muscle tissue.
- Will give you maximum energy for your training sessions. Major calorie depletion and zero carb diets are a great way to mess up your metabolism and lose energy. When you lose energy for your training sessions you will lose muscle mass.
- You will be able to maintain strength on all your major compound lifts like barbell squat, barbell deadlift, and bench press during this cutting diet. In fact – i increased my Bench press and squat by about 10 total lbs!
- Will help you secrete the optimal amount of muscle building hormones like Testosterone and HGH.
This is the perfect diet that I recommend for getting shredded like a motherf*cker!
Cutting Diet: Meal by Meal
- 1 Cup liquid egg Whites mixed with 1/2 Cup mixed veggies cooked in 1/2 tbsp. Organic extra virgin coconut oil
- Top the liquid egg whites with 2 tbsp. hemp seeds, garlic, and black pepper
- 1/3 Cup Steel Cut Oats mixed with 1/2 Cup organic blueberries, Cinnamon, and 1/2 Banana
Late Morning Snack:
- 1 Serving (28 Grams) – Raw Almonds
- 1 Scoop 5 Protein Blend (something like Muscle Pharm Combat Powder Works Great)
- 1 Cup Steamed Brown Rice mixed with 1 tbsp chia Seeds
- 1 Can of Wild Caught Salmon (Should provide about 35 grams of protein)
Post Workout Meal:
- 1 Cup Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- 1 Large Sweet Potato topped with Cinnamon
- 6 Ounces Grass Fed Beef(95/5) cooked in fat-free olive oil spray
- 1 Cup Steamed Broccolli drizzled with olive oil, Black pepper, and garlic
Late Night Snack:
- 2 Hard Boiled Eggs
- 2 Large Brazil Nuts
- 3 Ounces Fat Free Turkey Meat
Cutting Diet Macros
Now that you have your hands on a pretty epic meal plan, you need to know your cutting diet macros. Here is what i recommend to lose about 5-6 percentage points of body fat and keep your sanity along the way.
Cutting Diet Macros:
- Protein: Bodyweight x 1.1
- Carbohydrates: Bodyweight x 1.25
- Fat: Bodyweight x 0.3
- Take a 200 lb. guy for example, his Macros on the Shred diet would be the following:
- Protein = 200 x 1.1 = 220 Grams of Protein
- Carbohydrates = 200 x. 1.25 = 250 Grams of Carbohydrates
- Fat = 200 x 0.3 = 60 Grams of Fats
For your meal plan to get shredded, I recommend 1 high carb day every 10 days, and 1 very low carb day every 10 days to keep things interesting. For instance, you will hit the following macros 8 out of 10 days of the week, and then you will have 1 day where you double your carbs. So in the above example,
So in the above example, I would have 1 day where i eat 500 grams of carbohydrates, and i would drop my protein to about 0.8 grams per/lb. and my fat to as little as possible. Ideally you want to have your high carbohydrate day on your weakest muscle group, or most demanding workout such as leg day as it will be highly anabolic.
Your low carbohydrate day you will increase your fat intake to about 0.5 grams per lb. of bodyweight, so in the above example you will have about 100 grams of fat.
Why do we do this? Carbohydrate cycling will keep your metabolism from turning straight up sluggish during your cut – and you will have a chance to have a highly anabolic high carb day to bring up a weak muscle group.
Power up your nutrition even more by following some of our other meal plan guides
I’m Troy and I’m the creator of SuperHuman You and Co-Founder of Alpha Lion.
I created SuperHuman You to give you access to the most cutting edge information so you can reach your body goals as fast as humanly possible.
I’ve been obsessed with training since 2005 when I attended IMG Academy and got to train alongside NBA, NFL and Olympic Gold Medal winning athletes.
Now I’m on a mission to transform as many lives as possible and I’m so excited you found us!
I’ve been fortunate enough to train alongside and pick the brain of some of the best pro athletes, bodybuilders and trainers in the world – and this site represents over 15+ years of insights from the world’s best.
Want more gains? Here are a few suggested actions:
Head over to the world’s largest exercise database for a wide variety of unique exercises for every muscle group
Visit our Youtube Channel where you can watch Balloon Method™ workouts for Every Muscle Group.
Check out Alpha Lion so you can learn more about 1 of the fastest growing fitness lifestyle companies in the world and stack up on the best science-backed supplements.